originally published: 09/05/2021
Here’s a look at the top 10 most read articles published at New Jersey Stage during the week of August 29-September 4, 2021. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with news releases for events happening throughout the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. This week’s Top 10 includes articles involving 7 different counties in New Jersey (Cape May, Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Sussex, Union). We were pleasantly surprised to see one of our daily updates (created Monday through Friday) topped the list as the most read story of the week.
1) New Jersey Stage: Daily Edition 09-03-21 – Our daily update for the day included stories on “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to State Theatre; 9 singer-songwriters to look for at SOPAC this Fall; the weekly column by Danny Coleman; Flemington DIY presents Jazz on the Lawn music series; Hawthorne Heights to perform at Starland Ballroom; Moot Davis to perform in Hamilton; Haley Simone’s “Motion” on display at Red Tank Brewing Company; RVCC to offer online encrichment course for kids, teens, this fall; and New Jersey Stage hits audience milestone, releases new media kits.
2) “Do Something To Me!” Tommy James and the Shondells LIVE! at the Ocean City Music Pier – Spotlight Central has the recap and photos from a recent performance by Tommy James and the Shondells on the boardwalk.
3) Inside Paper Mill Playhouse’s 2021-22 Season – (MILLBURN, NJ) — Paper Mill Playhouse looks forward to welcoming audiences back to the theater for live performances and has announced the productions for the upcoming season. The 2021–2022 lineup includes three eagerly anticipated productions that were postponed from previous seasons—Sister Act, Clue, and the world-premiere musical The Wanderer — to go along with Songs for a New World and A Jolly Holiday with Disney on Broadway.
4) Fall 2021 New Jersey Film Festival Preview – 40th Anniversary! (NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ) — The New Jersey Film Festival returns for its 40th anniversary with a great selection of films from September 10 through October 10. Here is our preview of the festival with trailers of most films.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for info
5) MPAC Releases “You Will Be Found” Video To Spread A Message Of Hope – (MORRISTOWN, NJ) — The MPAC Performing Arts Company has released a video of the group singing “You Will Be Found” from the Broadway show Dear Evan Hansen remotely from their homes. It was directed by Cathy Roy, MPAC Director of Education. Musical Director is Darius Frowner. The video was edited by Dayna Grayber.
6) Laura Benanti & Friends – A Benefit Concert Under the Stars – (WEST ORANGE, NJ) — Tony award winner and New Jersey girl, Laura Benanti comes to the Oskar Schindler Performing Arts Center on Saturday, September 4 at 8:00pm for a concert to benefit two local community theater organizations, The Barn Theatre and Pleasant Valley Productions. Laura will be joined on stage by some old friends from her community theater days, West Orange High School chorus members and some exciting surprise guests. You will hear some of your favorite Broadway tunes performed by Laura and friends with an orchestra accompaniment.
7) Bernie Williams – Gil Parris Quartet To Perform In Maplewood On October 22nd – (MAPLEWOOD, NJ) — New York Yankees legend, Grammy nominee, guitar virtuoso, Bernie Williams will be performing with fellow guitarist, and Grammy nominee, Gil Parris in the Great Hall at the Woodland in Maplewood on October 22 at 7:30pm.
8) Arthouse Film Festival Returns To Mountainside And Eatontown In September – (MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ) — On September 20, Arthouse Film Festival will return for ten weeks to its home base New Jersey theatres: AMC Mountainside and AMC Monmouth Mall. Many surprise pre-release premieres are in the works, like a special screening of The Many Saints of Newark, the greatly anticipated, decade-in-the-making prequel to The Sopranos, followed by a not-to-be-missed Q&A, moderated by Chuck Rose.
9) Rahway’s Cherry Street Soirée en Blanc to Take Place August 29th – (RAHWAY, NJ) — Cherry Street Soirée en Blanc is perhaps one of the classiest events happening in Rahway this summer on Sunday, August 29 from 7:00pm-10:00pm! Loosely adopting it’s concept from the world famous Dîner en Blanc, the Cherry Street Soirée is a group dinner setting in which both patrons and table settings all adorned in white, dine al fresco on the quaint Cherry Street in Rahway amidst both live music and DJ sets.
10) The Stanhope House Presents Twiddle on September 4th – (STANHOPE, NJ) — Not everybody has heard of Twiddle, but that doesn’t mean anything to the band’s immense following. In fact, some may like it that way as it gives them that something special that not everybody else has. Based out of Vermont, like fellow jam band, Phish, Twiddle incorporates influences from a variety of music genres, including rock, jazz, bluegrass, reggae and funk. Put it all together and Twiddle becomes one of the best high energy live performance acts on the jam scene.
As you can see by this list, event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Make sure your events get previewed by sending press releases to us at email@example.com – for even more promotion, check out our ad rates which start at just $50 for an entire month.