Hello, people of Miami! Here’s everything you need to know going on in town today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Miami? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Rain in the afternoon and evening. High: 86 Low: 79.
Here are the top stories in Miami today:
- Miami HEAT: “The Miami HEAT have signed Marcus Garrett to a 2-way contract.” (Instagram)
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools: “All Miami-Dade County Public Schools and district facilities will be closed on Monday, September 6, 2021, in observance of (Labor Day). Tuesday, September 7, 2021, is Teacher Planning Day and there will be no school for students.” (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Public Library System: “Most people know you can check out books at the library, but did you know we’ll mail them to you too? Miami-Dade Public Libraries @ Your Door Home Delivery Service is easy and convenient!” (Facebook)
- Miami Police Department: “The Disaster Relief Effort for Haiti has been extended through Friday September 10, 2021. There are multiple drop off locations around the City of Miami, and hours remain the same.” (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Public Library System: “The #MDPLS Bookmobiles and Technobus are visiting parks, community centers and more this month, including a Bookmobile stop at Highland Oaks Park on Wednesdays, 2 – 3 p.m.” (Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Parks: “Keep your kids engaged with our Fit2Play program! ️ This supervised and safe after school program for youth ages 6-14 offers sports, homework assistance, critical enrichment sessions and more.” (Facebook)
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Saturday! I’ll see you around. If you’re loving these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Tiffany Razzano
Read More:Green Card Scam Charges + Pollution In Biscayne Bay + $80M Home