Welcome, friends! As we gear up for the most wonderful time of the year, it’s time to deck the halls and transform our homes into cozy winter wonderlands. The key to creating a picture-perfect Christmas atmosphere lies in choosing the right color scheme and pattern. Today, I’m excited to share my holiday decorating journey and reveal my chosen colors and pattern for this year’s Christmas extravaganza, right along with Terrie of Decorate with Tip and More and Tammy of Patina and Paint.
The Art of Christmas Color Schemes
The heart of your Christmas decor is undoubtedly the color scheme. This year, I’ve handpicked a trio of enchanting shades that evoke the true spirit of the season – Hunter Green, Red, and Cobalt Blue. Here’s why these colors are a winning combination:
- Hunter Green: This rich, deep green brings to mind the lush evergreen trees that grace our homes during the holidays. It connects us with the beauty of nature, inviting the outdoors in.
- Red: The quintessential Christmas color, red is a vibrant symbol of warmth and joy. It’s the color of Santa’s suit, the ornaments on your tree, and the love that fills your home during this season.
- Cobalt Blue: Adding a touch of elegance and tranquility, cobalt blue complements the deep greens and rich reds beautifully. It reminds us to slow down, enjoy the moment, and appreciate the beauty of the season.
A Pattern with a Story
Now, let’s talk about the pattern that will tie it all together: Scottish Tartan Plaid. This timeless design has an enchanting history and can add depth and charm to your decor. Whether you choose it for your tablecloths, stockings, or as a throw pillow, Scottish Tartan Plaid is a perfect fit for Christmas. Here’s why:
- Nostalgia and Tradition: The intricate patterns and rich history of tartan plaid create a sense of nostalgia and tradition, which is perfect for the holiday season. It’s like wrapping your home in a warm, familiar hug.
- Versatility: With various designs to choose from, Scottish Tartan Plaid can be incredibly versatile. It blends seamlessly with the color palette we’ve selected and can be used in many different ways to enhance your holiday spirit.
Tips for Choosing Your Perfect Christmas Decor
Now, let’s explore some tips to help you discover your own perfect Christmas color scheme and pattern:
- Personal Connection: Your choice should resonate with you and your family. Your decor should reflect your unique style and create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
- Consider Your Space: Take a look around your home and consider your existing decor. Your chosen scheme should complement your surroundings, creating a cohesive and harmonious look.
- Balance and Variety: Mixing and matching your chosen colors and patterns will create a visually pleasing and balanced display. Find the right balance for your style, ensuring no element overwhelms the space.
- Timelessness: While trends are fun, it’s essential to choose colors and patterns that stand the test of time. A timeless Christmas decor will bring you joy year after year.
Ribbon is a big part of Christmas. Whether you add it to your trees, Christmas tree, or gift wrap, velvet ribbon isa beautiful addition against the natural outdoorsy garland, tree, and wreaths. (My cobalt blue ribbon hasn’t come in yet, so I thought I’d share these picks in the same color that I will be using throughout my home.)
The coordinating ribbons that I am using have natural colors, plaids, and metallic gold trim.
Let’s Wrap It Up!
I hope my journey and tips inspire you to embark on your own holiday decorating adventure. Let your heart and style guide you as you choose the perfect Christmas color scheme and pattern that will make your home truly magical this festive season.
As we approach the holiday season, I wish you all a joyful and merry Christmas filled with love and cherished moments. Stay tuned for more holiday decorating inspiration and DIY projects right here on Life as a LEO Wife. Until next time, happy decorating!
I hope that you’ll head over & check out my video on this topic on Facebook. Then check out Tammy of Patina and Paint and Terrie of Decorate with Tip and More’s blog posts on how to choose the perfect Christmas colors and steps for Christmas decorating this year! Their videos on how they chose their 2023 Christmas color palettes will give you even more Christmas decorating inspiration, so I hope you’ll check those out too. They always post great ideas and videos on their channels, so give them a like and follow!
The other ladies that join us on our Decorate with Us video series’, Teresa and Corine, have some great videos sharing their Christmas color palettes and themes. If you’re looking for even more Christmas color palette inspiration and how to choose the perfect Christmas colors to fit your home, check out their videos! Through a Vintage Door and Curly Willow Acres aka Junk to Gems are also fabulous follows on social media for those of us who love DIY and home decor, so I hope when you check you the videos, you’ll give them a like and a follow!
Teresa – Through a Vintage Door | Christmas Color Palette Inspiration
Corine – Curly Willow Acres aka Junk to Gems | Christmas Color Inspiration from Decor Pieces
Remember to pin the image below or share this post with the buttons on the left side of the page so you can find it when you’re ready to start your project! Also, follow me on Pinterest for new ideas added weekly! Be sure that you never miss a great tutorial for decor like wreaths, signs and other home decor, free printables, crafts, and other fun posts! Enter your email address below to be notified of new posts! Use the buttons below to follow me on social media for other great content.
Don’t go yet! There’s more to see!
There’s plenty more to see here on the blog! If you’re looking for something specific, use the search box in the sidebar to look it up. If not, you might enjoy these ideas. Don’t have time to read them all now? That’s ok, just click over to the posts using the pictures and pin them for later. You can also add Life as a LEO Wife to your favorites and check back for new ideas and free printables and SVGs every Wednesday and Saturday, as well as link parties with tons of shared ideas on Sundays and Thursdays!